January 6: Social gathering
2007 Mar 03 14:29

Re: [vox] Kubuntu Upgrade Question

Bob Scofield wrote:
Is there something like a Debian testing version of Kubuntu. I like the fact that with Debian "testing" things never stop. That is OpenOffice, KDE, etc. just keep upgrading forever. Your system never terminates or "finishes." So is it possible to get such a version of Kubuntu, or do the Kubuntu versions reach a point where you stop upgrading, and to go further you have to download a new version of Kubuntu?
As far as I know, it is released in stages but you can upgrade
sequentially the same way you can upgrade Debian stable. [1]
I think this is one of its advantages... you can get closer to "testing" without being quite that close to the edge.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes