2007 Feb 15 13:04

Fwd: Re: [vox] Windows Vista

Another post from Chris.  (I've since subscribed this other address of
his to the list, but set the subscription to 'nomail')

Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:19:07 -0800
From: Christopher James McKenzie <mckenzie@cs.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: [vox] Windows Vista

Don't go with Vista until Service Pack 1.  My personal friends on the
kernel team and the security team at Microsoft all told me something
like, "I'm not supposed to say this, but don't use Vista until SP 1."
which is slated for the end of the year.  I am personally very happy to
take the coders of the core of Vista on blind faith on this one.

Vista has been available since early November 2006.  There was the MSDN
version, then the OEM version for people to tinker with and get their
drivers ready and working by the time the public release happened.  In
as much, the official version that you can buy now, has been widely
available since the first few days of November.  My friends at third
party companies that write device drivers have experienced some bugs and
problems that coders at microsoft acknowledge and furthermore say, won't
be fixed until a slated update later on.

All this is from the highly technical, highly picky, highly skilled
group.  I don't really know if it applies to your needs though.

~chris.

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/