2007 Feb 04 11:52

Re: [vox] Windows Vista

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:52:22 -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> I'm in a quandary.  I want to order a new laptop, but I can't
> figure out if I should get one with XP or Vista.  It goes without
> saying of course that it will be a dual boot.  But I'm reading
> conflicting reports on Vista.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/02/vista_stories/

You can always get a Mac. http://www.apple.com/getamac/

If you must run Windows, consider this

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

and this

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

My wife got me a MacBook for my 50th birthday and I have to say it's
been pretty good. I've been running Parallels so I can use it for work
stuff. I'm about to try BootCamp but I have to reformat.

It's not perfect but it pretty much kicks butt. What's really fun is
getting BSODs on my Mac. :) Actually, under Parallels it recovers
pretty quickly (relatively fast reboot).

BTW, this is a 2ghz Intel Core Duo with 1gb RAM and 80 gb HD, 1280x800
screen and a DVD writer. New price is about $1300. This refurb cost
around $900. Not bad, hmm?

So... I'm not going to hang out and pontificate, I'm not even a real
Mac-head. Just thought I'd point out that option.