Re: [vox] [OT] Amazon DRM-free digimusic [Mp3 Music For Linux?]

On Tue 26 Dec 06,  6:55 PM, Micah Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 18:25 -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > On Tue 26 Dec 06,  3:11 PM, Micah Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> > > On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 16:41 -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > Also, Amazon will be launching a DRM free mp3 store in QI 2007.
>
> I'd heard rumors... do you have a link to more definite info?
>
> This would be a really cool thing...

They have a page set up for free mp3 downloads, but it only appears to be a
"stub".  There's no real linkage there.

Haven't been able to find anything about the commercial site other than that
it should be up and running no later than March 30 2007 and that Amazon is
committed to selling DRM free music.

I have a friend who programs for Amazon.  Supposed to have lunch with him
this week.  I'll ask him if there's any rumors floating around.

Really excited about this, too!

Pete