[vox] Web Browsers for Kids

I'd be interested in finding a Firefox-like browser that disables
opening new windows and tabs, fills the entire screen (ideally), and if
possible allows restricting access to specifically enabled sites.

I have a 4-year-old and 6-year-old, both of whom are starting to enjoy
web access to sites like pbskids.org. I don't want them to be able to
click links to get to any sites we haven't checked out; and I've noticed
that at least one of them tends to end up with 8 open windows sometimes.
I obviously don't want to edit /etc/hosts or do anything that will
restrict other users like my wife and myself.

I'd also be very interested in a desktop environment built for kids, so
that they can pick their favorite apps, but can't interact with the
desktop or delete files accidentally.

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/