Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:25:36 +0000
From: (GMcG)
Subject: [Lug-nuts] Tomorrow's Meeting

Hi,

Although the agenda is still open to new topics, I've put together the
following for tomorrow night's meeting.  I'll be using my recently
dinged laptop (which should work fine with the projector).  But if
someone wants to bring a backup, it might be nice:

We'll start with a open discussion of GRUB and texinfo/info. If you
have expertise that you'd like to share with the group I'd encourage
you to attend and flesh out the program.

There are some simple things that you often need to do with GRUB in an
'emergency'. Things like start in a different run level. These often
aren't easy to find in the documentation. We'll also take a look at
how GRUB handles errors and the features/limitations there. We'll
modify the config file. Pretty high level.

The GRUB documentation is in info. We'll show how to navigate the info
pages, which is pretty straighforward, but maybe not obvious if you
haven't done it before.

The visual aid/agenda is written as a texinfo/info document and if
there is interest we can go into how to do this. Also, texinfo can be
cast to many different formats: PDF, HTML, docbook, and a few
other. We can demo this too.

-Gary

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com