[vox] Fwd: problem with fedora core 6 (messed up graphics,to begin with), NEED CDs or DVD for FC5

Boris posted this from a non-subscribed address.
You may want to Cc him when you reply, otherwise he might not see it. :^(

Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:52:34 -0800
From: Boris Jeremic <jeremic@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: problem with fedora core 6 (messed up graphics, to begin with), NEED
	CDs or DVD for FC5
To: vox@lists.lugod.org
CC: Boris Jeremic <jeremic@ucdavis.edu>

Hello All,

I tried to install FC6, and got some problems with graphics. To begin with
the installer CDs would not recognize my graphics card (which worked sort of
fine with old installation of redhat E3 I think, card is ATI RV350 AP Radeon
9600, however, I should note that it took some doing to make it work with my
monitor, Sony sdm-p232w (1920/1200). When I say it worked sort of fine,
there were cases (every couple of days) that when I logout the login screen
would get snowy (like if you had really bad antenna in the old days with
 TV) and then I would have to kill X couple of times (CTRL-ALT-Backspace) to
get it back to nice graphics...

So than I thought I'll switch back to installing FC5, for which I have a DVD
(came with some book I got few months ago). Now that started OK (it did
start the install in graphics mode) but there was some error on media
further down installation...

I wonder if someone has FC5 handy (CDs or DVD) so that I can try to go that
route...

I realize that it would be best to actually fix the graphics problem, but I
am desperate to find the fastest solution as this is my main office machine
(typing this email n a dinky little laptop...).

Thanks, Boris

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/