2006 Nov 27 20:42

Re: [vox] [OT] Surface mount soldering

On Sunday 26 November 2006 03:02 pm, Adam Yergovich ayergovich-at-yahoo.com
|lugod| wrote:
>     I figure someone here might be able to help me. I have a pair of boards
> with ruined PCMCIA power switcihng chips, which are 30-pin SSOP. I have
> ordered some replacement chips (free as samples), but I can't replace them
> myself. Is there anoyone here who can replace the chips for me? (if it's
> much trouble, I'd be happy to compensate)
>
>   I can probably replace them for you, but if the power circuit got fubared
> you may have more than just one bad IC on your hands.  Still, i'm happy to
> do what i can.  If you're free next Sat around 1ish i can probably do it

One of them was ruined with an exacto knife, and the board is good otherwise.
 The other board also boots, the power control chip just gets hot, and pcmcia
does not work correctly.  One of the boards can be fixed, and the other may
be fixable.  I'm not sure that the chips will be in from ti by next sat, but
I'll let you know.

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/