2006 Nov 12 10:41

[vox] Damn Small Linux

Has anyone tried installing Damn Small Linux from a USB thumbdrive before?
I'm trying to install it on an older computer, but the CD drive either
doesn't boot from CD or doesn't read CD-R's so I figure I'm going to have
to use the USB version. All I want to do is install the thing but the hard
drive on the laptop is completely new and blank.
I've done a little reading and as far as I can tell, all I have to do is
install it to a thumbdrive, then use the thumbdrive and a boot floppy
(thankfully this laptop has a working floppy drive, yet it plugs into the
same slot as the CD-Rom so I can't use a them at the same time) to get the
thing going. After that I should just tell it to install, I think. Does
that sound right? I hate to try installing to the thumbdrive if this isn't
going to work.

Kyle Oliveira
UCD ECS student