2006 Oct 19 12:29

[vox] [fwd] gerard cherchio--Unix filesystems lecture at SFSU [Oct25]

Seen on SF-LUG's list....

----- Forwarded message from jim stockford -----

Wednesday, October 25, 2006
CircleSoft principal to give talk at SFSU

 CircleSoft principal, Gerard J. Cerchio, has been invited by The
PERNET Computer Science Graduate Seminar Series for Fall 2006 to give a
presentation on Specialized File Systems for the Unix Kernel at
Thornton Hall Room 331 on October 25, 2006 17:30PM. <------------
Mr. Cerchio will present:

  An Intro to the kernel VFS component of Unix type operating systems
  Description of the FUSE Open Source toolkit
  Some examples FUSE file systems
  DGMAFS a medical/miltary grade Archive File System currently being
implemented by CircleSoft.
  Directions of data storage in the Unix environment

Members of the public are invited.

----- End forwarded message -----