January 6: Social gathering
2006 Oct 19 11:04

[vox] [fwd] OT: Bill Moyers and The Net at Risk tonight on PBS

[vox] [fwd] OT: Bill Moyers and The Net at Risk tonight on PBS

Seen on NBLUG's list...

----- Forwarded message from Robert Hayes -----

Tune in to PBS tonight to see the SavetheInternet.com Coalition
featured in "The Net at Risk," a documentary produced by
award-winning journalist Bill Moyers.

Then join other SavetheInternet.com members in an online Web
discussion at PBS.org.

Bill Moyers' show airs at 9 p.m. in most cities (check local
listings). Immediately following the East Coast broadcast,
PBS.org will host a live Internet debate between Free Press
Policy Director Ben Scott and phone industry flack Mike McCurry.

You can be a part of this online debate. Here's how to join in:

    When: Oct. 18, 10:30 pm Eastern / 7:30 pm Pacific
    Where: http://action.freepress.net/ct/91eZLqd1wPKJ/

You'll be asked to log in to participate in the online
discussion. With your help, we hope to light up the PBS Web site
with our campaign to save Net Neutrality.

It's important to have you there. In the six months since the
SavetheInternet.com Coalition was launched, millions of
Americans have joined the campaign, spoken out for Internet
freedom, and put Congress and the phone companies on notice.

Tonight's program could make millions more aware of this issue.

They need to hear the real voices of people like you instead of
industry mouthpieces. Help us use the Internet to save it from
corporate efforts to stifle online innovation, free speech and
competition.

Please join us tonight!

Timothy Karr
Campaign Director
Free Press and SavetheInternet.com
http://action.freepress.net/ct/o7eZLqd1wPZ1/

1. For the latest information on the campaign visit
http://action.freepress.net/ct/o1eZLqd1wPKV/

2. Don't miss Bill Moyers' new essay on Net Neutrality: "Against
an Imperial Internet":
http://action.freepress.net/ct/k7eZLqd1wPKF/

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
the Free Press at:
http://action.freepress.net/ct/odeZLqd1wPKC/

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com