2006 Oct 11 10:03

[Fwd] Re: [vox] [fwd] Hans Reiser in police custody

Jacob posted this from a non-subscribed address, so mailman discarded it.
Passing it along on his behalf...

Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:45:53 -0700
From: Jacob Appelbaum <jacob@appelbaum.net>
Subject: Re: [vox] [fwd] Hans Reiser in police custody
	talk@nblug.org

Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Eep
>
> -bill!
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:51:53 -0700
> From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
> Subject: [svlug] Hans Reiser in police custody
> To: svlug@lists.svlug.org
>
> http://www.nbc11.com/news/10046048/detail.html

> PD on suspicion of murder of his estranged wife Nina.  The news story
> (URL above) was initially posted at 2:06 PM, and has been updated once
> on the Web, 20 minutes ago, following a 5 PM press conference (which
> apparently merely announced that this is now considered a murder case,
> and not just a missing persons one).
>
> Hans's house was searched (again) yesterday, according to the NBC11
> story.  The story says "Authorities would not discuss what evidence they
> have", but that Hans "will be charged and the case will proceed" even
> though Nina's body has not been found.

I think we should setup some sort of support for the guy, we'd probably
want to talk to his lawyer. Something that could raise money for his
legal defense seems appropriate.

Anyone interested in doing this with me?

I've seen websites in support of finding his wife and so on but
basically nothing addressing or supporting Hans during such a messed up
time.

-
jake

----- End forwarded message -----