2006 Sep 17 10:07

[vox] [fwd] "Season of Usability" - Call for Project Participation

[vox] [fwd] "Season of Usability" - Call for Project Participation

I received this since I'm registered as the administrator of an
Open Source project on 'OpenUsability.org', but thought I'd pass it along
here in case there were any other developers, or students who are interested
in usability, who might be interested...

----- Forwarded message from noreply@openusability.org -----

A few weeks ago, OpenUsability offered a first sponsored student
project - much like Google's Summer of Code projects - to get more
students of usability, UI design and interaction design into OSS
development. In the scope of the World Usability Day on November 14th,
we will announce the "Season of Usability": Eight more student
projects sponsored with $700USD for the student, and $150USD for each
the technical and usability mentor.

The idea is to establish a close collaboration between the student, a
key developer from the software project (technical mentor) and a
usability mentor. During a three-month cooperation, students will
closely work together with experienced professionals and get insights
in to their way of work.

If your OSS project would like to offer a student project, we
encourage you to fill out the participation form:

http://test.openusability.org/UCCASS/survey.php?sid=36

Please note that the requirement for participation is that a key
developer from your project will have the time and interest to closely
collaborate with the student and usability mentor during January 2007
to April 2007.

The participation form will be online until October, 1st 2006.  The
usability mentors will then evaluate the submissions and come back to
you to define a meaningful task for a possible student project.

For further information, please see
www.openusability.org/studentprojects or contact students at
openusability dot org.

We are looking forward to your project submission!
The OpenUsability team.

www.openusability.org

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com