2006 Sep 05 08:49

Re: [vox] Software for Flyers

There is a plugin for CMYK support for the GIMP.  I've used it once
(and it took some experimentation) although it did separate the colors
for printing.  Next time, I may choose a different tool for a book
cover.

http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml

Dave

On 9/5/06, Marianne Waage <yamara@plush.org> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:03:37PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Admittedly, there's some graphics software she's seen for Mac & Windows
> that she'd really like to use, but since that means (1) spending lots of $$
> and (2) using my PC or the Mac my the uncomfortable 'office' bedroom in our
> apartment, she's not bothered.
>
> Personally, between GIMP and what I've seen of Xara, I no longer see the
> point of caring about proprietary apps.  (Although GIMP still pisses me
> off these days.)

Hrm. According to the online manual, GIMP *still* doesn't support CMYK.

But hey, if you enjoy having your color horribly mangled once you print,
go ahead. ;)  Do Scribus and Inkscape allow for CMYK?  It would be
completely bizarre for them not to.

-mran, continuing to use XP or OSX for graphics apps