2006 Sep 05 14:25

Re: [vox] Software for Flyers

I felt sorry for my wife ringing out her mop in the sink. I said "I will get you a very nice mop bucket and ringer so you don't have to work so hard". When I brought it home she said "Hey! Thats nice. Now you don't have to work so hard when you mop the floor!"

Been mopping the floors ever since.
Jimbo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rod Roark" <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [vox] Software for Flyers

On Friday 01 September 2006 15:02, Bob Scofield wrote:
On Friday 01 September 2006 13:37, Rod Roark wrote:
> My wife is asking me this, and I don't know the answer. What's a good
> Linux-compatible software package for creating flyers and posters?

I think you know the answer and are just showing off the fact that you have a
wife that uses Linux. I've been trying for many years to get my wife to use
Linux, but have failed. I can't even get my son to use Linux, and he's a
college student.
Actually, my wife had originally suggested that I preface her request
with this:

   Because my husband, Rod Roark, is a committed Linux user, I've
   had little to no choice in what operating system I can use at
   home. (Rod would argue that I DO have a choice; and technically
   that's correct, however, the fairly  consistently good support
   he gives me is for his favorite: Linux.)

So, you see, the trick is to be not very good at supporting Windows.
This notion of "strategic incompetence" can be applied to other areas
such as cooking and cleaning.  ;-)

Rod