2006 Sep 01 16:30

Re: [vox] Software for Flyers

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 01:37:46PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> My wife is asking me this, and I don't know the answer.  What's a good
> Linux-compatible software package for creating flyers and posters?  One
> desired feature is the ability to arrange letters at an angle or in a
> curve.

Xara for Linux makes this insanely easy.  It's not quite as feature-ful
as Xara for Windows, yet, but it's still impressive.

Other ideas include Scribus (desk top publishing), Inkscape (vector graphics)
and, of course, The GIMP (though it's not quite as easy for this task).

There are no doubt others...

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/