2006 Jun 29 13:15

Re: [vox] July 4th event?

On Tue 27 Jun 06,  7:03 PM, Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 04:59:08PM -0700, Adam YErgovich wrote:
> >
> > I figure at very least i owe Pete a drink for his
> > excellent Linux Module programming guide.  It has been
> > exceptionally useful to me.
>
> Yeah... too bad he lives on the east coast now... :-)

Whoa.  Haven't been reading this thread.  Just saw my name.

Adam, this fall I'm planning on taking vacation and making a cross country
motorcycle trip to California to visit friends.  Since starting work on Wall
street, I've become well acquainted with drinks.  The type of acquaintance
that frat boys can only dream about.  I will gladly take you up on your most
generous offer!   :)

On a more serious note, there are big plans for the 2.4 version of the Linux
Kernel Module Programming Guide.  I found a kernel hacker from Italy who
prefers and specializes in kernel 2.4.  He's doing a complete review of the
document to take out all the remaining 2.2'isms [1] that I never got around
to removing, and correcting the few mistakes that have been laying in my
inbox for almost a year now.  We're working on the 2.4 version right now,
and I'm planning on submitting my patches to TLDP this week.  So if you're
reading the 2.4 branch, stay tuned for some major updates very soon.

Pete

[1] 2.2 is documented by Ori's original version of the LKMPG.