2006 May 23 17:35

Re: [vox] Debian + KDE vs. Kubuntu

I went from FC4 -> Ubuntu 6.06beta for my personal laptop
and my work desktop.  Loving it so far.

I used Debian exclusivly long ago. I'd say Ubuntu is waaay better
than circa 1996 Debian. =)

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 06:25:31PM -0500, Ken Bloom wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 May 2006 13:27, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > Who here has made the switch from plain-Debian-plus-KDE-3.5 to
> > [K]ubuntu?  What do you think?
>
> I tried it when I was first installing my AMD64 laptop. Breezy was
> bleeding edge, the laptop was acting like it was bleeding edge, and I
> decided I liked Debian's bug tracking system better, and I was more
> familiar with the support system around Debian.
>
> --Ken
>
> --
> I usually have a GPG digital signature included as an attachment.
> See http://www.gnupg.org/ for info about these digital signatures.

-

  Zachariah D. Johnson		Phone : 1-530-752-8801
  Systems Administrator		E-Mail: zjohnson@math.ucdavis.edu
  Mathematics			Office: 3117 Mathematical Sciences
  UCDavis			WWW   : n/a