January 6: Social gathering
2006 May 19 10:13

Re: [vox] mutt macros for bogofilter

On Thu 18 May 06,  2:53 PM, Eric Engelhard <eric@mail.cvbig.org> said:
> This may be very old news for many, but I just found the Linux Journal article
> "Busting Spam with Bogofilter, Procmail and Mutt" by Nick Moffit at
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6439 with an update at
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7436. The mutt macros make it very easy
> to add mail to the bogofilter spam list. I've been running the set up for
> three days and a recent rash of spam has slowed to a trickle and my spam
> folder is collecting "trophies".
>
> Has anyone been running this set up?
>
> Eric Engelhard

i'll take a look.  always interested in seeing what other mutt users do.
here's a couple of pretty plain-jane macros i wrote a long time ago:

macro pager S "<pipe-entry>bogofilter -s\n"
macro index S "<pipe-entry>bogofilter -s\n"
macro pager N "<pipe-entry>bogofilter -n\n"
macro index N "<pipe-entry>bogofilter -n\n"

so an email is "s"pam, unless it's "n"ot spam.   ;-)

also have some for spamcop too.

fcc-hook 'submit.foo@spam.spamcop.net' /dev/null
# Set varioius things in messages that go to spamcop.
send-hook 'submit.foo@spam.spamcop.net' \
	'set pgp_autosign=no ; set mime_forward ; set editor=/bin/true ; push y'
# Pressing ctl-f sends the email to spamcop in pager and index mode.
macro pager F "<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>submit.foo@spam.spamcop.net\n<exit>"
macro index F "<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>submit.foo@spam.spamcop.net\n<exit>"

those were hard to get right.

pete