2006 Apr 07 12:40

[vox] [fwd] The K12LTSP is installed on live television

I haven't had a chance to check it out, but this sounds pretty cool! :^)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from "R. Scott Belford" -----

Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:15:25 -1000
From: "R. Scott Belford"
Subject: [school-discuss] The K12LTSP is installed on live television

Aloha

I imagine that most of you understand the benefits from reusing older
computers as thin clients.  Both the Skolelinux and the K12LTSP distros
make this quite manageable.  There are obstacles to adoption, though.

HOSEF recently had the honor of being on a television program sponsored
by our Department of Education.  The host, Kerry Koide, asked
outstanding and relevant questions.  His focus on the end-user provides
a lot of clarity to those considering the use of FOSS.

A live installation of the K12LTSP took place.  I then proceed to boot a
discarded thin client from the newly installed server.  I'm a bit of a
goof, but it was fun and very informative.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6214796151362299565

and for the original mp4

http://video.hosef.org/HOSEF_TV.mp4

My apologies to those of you who susbscribe to the k12osn list as well
since I just posted something similar.

--scott

----- End forwarded message -----