2006 Mar 19 21:56

Re: [vox] Running Debian on a Laptop

I ran across a guy who likes ThinkPad's--
they're available on the used market,
caveat emptor.

On Mar 19, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Rod Roark wrote:

On Sunday 19 March 2006 11:45 am, Bob Scofield wrote:
1) Are there any Debian fans on this list who have given up trying to install
Debian on a laptop, and have instead installed a commercial distro with more
drivers?
I think you would find Ubuntu/Kubuntu to be more laptop-friendly, and
with more recent kernels.  And of course it's Debian-based.

2)  Are there laptop brands that are better for Linux and Debian?
The situation constantly changes.  See tuxmobil.org if you have not
already.  I've had good luck with some Dell laptops, which are
popular and cheap.

-- Rod