2006 Mar 19 11:39

Re: [vox] [fwd] Debian Project considers GNU FDL conditionally free

On Friday 17 March 2006 15:59, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:18:23PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> > Does anybody know if this means that the help files for Open Office
> > will move from Contrib to Main?
>
> I'm not familiar with the license of OOo's help files, but I guess if
> they are currently GFDL (with no invariant sections), that sounds
> like: yes.
>
> I'm talking out of /dev/random here, though, so hopefully someone
> more In The Know(tm) will reply. ;)

If a package is in contrib, that means:
1) The package is already DFSG free
2) The package depends on something that isn't DFSG free.

So if the help files for OO.o are in contrib, then it will depend on
which dependancies are in non-free, why, and whether they're moving.

--Ken