2006 Mar 12 02:36

Re: [vox] a dual-boot system?

On Friday 10 March 2006 12:35 pm, Cylar Z wrote:
> Here is the problem. His computer keeps getting
> infected with spyware, viruses, trojans, etc.
> As a third potential problem area, I'm only a novice
> Linux user myself.

My suggestion would be to start by switching your dad to non-MS
solutions for web browsing and email; e.g. Firefox or Mozilla, and
Thunderbird.  Get him to try OpenOffice for documents, and other
open source tools as appropriate.

After you have more Linux experience under your belt, moving him to
a better OS will be more realistic.

-- Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com