2006 Mar 09 16:37

[vox] XForms experience

Everyone:

I'm writing to solicit some feedback and possibly short-term consulting for someone with experience in developing applications using XForms. We are working on several web-based public health surveillance/reporting applications and currently evaluating standardizing form entry on XForms within a J2EE or LAMP-based application environment.

Our interest in XForms is to work toward developing reusable form modules to assist in quickly building ad-hoc surveys or questionnaires for public health/epidemiological data entry. These forms would require presentation to a browser as well as on paper for use in the field for data entry later. Some of this development may be based on standard modules (e.g. demographic data) being developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

For example, if you have prior experience developing XForms within a particular technology IDE or package, especially one that is open source and can be deployed in Linux, I'd love to talk to you further. We are seeking additional grant funding now and there may be some future work opportunities for short-term development.

Thanks,
~ Stuart

--
Dr. Stuart Turner
Director, California Laboratory Bioterrorism Preparedness

Mail:
UCDHS - ASB
2450 48th St, Suite 2743, Sacramento, CA 95817
916.734.3857 (office)
916.873.4325 (mobile)
916.734.3975 (fax)
http://bircs.ucdavis.edu