2006 Mar 09 10:17

Re: [vox] FOR M IBRAHIM

ibrahim bukari <ibrahim50001@yahoo.com> wrote:
 OK SUSE   BY  THE WY  WE  HO GEV YOU MY NAME  TEL ME NAW  TAKE CARE

ibrahim bukari <ibrahim50001@yahoo.com> wrote:
me 2 i loev  2 be suse evri day ok

Bob Scofield <scofield@omsoft.com> wrote:
I just love SuSE, but got nervous a year or so ago reading an interview with a
Novell executive. The interviewer asked about the fact that SuSE 9.2
requires 128 megs of RAM. The exec explained that Novell Linux development
was based upon corporate needs, and no longer based upon the needs of the
individual user.

Because of that statement I began to wonder about having to switch to a distro
that would always be around for the individual. This is what got me into
Debian. And in fact I'm planning to take SuSE off my desktop this summer and
to go 100% with Debian on the desktop. I might buy a laptop in the fall, and
always thought I'd put SuSE on a laptop.

Last night I read that SuSE 10.0 requires 256 megs, and that 510 megs is
recommended. Isn't this a bit much? How do other distros stack up in
comparison? Do people think SuSE is getting out of hand here, or is this the
norm for any contemporary desktop whether it be Windows or Linux?

Thank you.

Bob

Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!_______________________________________________

Yahoo! Mail