2006 Feb 02 14:26

Re: [vox] SuSE Bloat

   good point.
   As to me, I use no-cost CentOS and WhiteBox, which
are RHEL builds, for the reason that RedHat is well-
documented, and thus so are they.
   I can see paying RedHat $400 per copy if support is
important.
   For the sole reason that I've learned it, RH style admin
is nice for me--I like the consistency.
   People ask me for recommendations. I've reached
the point, largely because of rumor, that for newbies I
do not recommend SUSE, only RedHat-ish or
Debian-ish. (People for whom Damn Small Linux or
Puppy or Edubuntu is appropriate don't ask me for
recommendations.)
   Does anyone have good reasons for using SUSE?