2006 Jan 27 13:41

Re: [vox] Quick Linux Job

Skyler Cranmer wrote:

Hello all,

Most of you probably don't know me, but I have been a passive member of LUGOD of for about a year. I am looking for a Linux guru who is interested in making a bit of extra money running a small series of Linux installations. Basically, after seeing how well Linux works on my computer, my father has decided to move his business office over to Linux. Because the office runs a business, a large amount of downtime (i.e. more than a day or two) is not an option. While I am a Linux user, I am really just a user and am not savvy enough to run this kind of installation with this many machines, peripherals, and programs. As such, we are hoping to hire (a highly competent) someone to come in and run the installations/configurations for us. The installer would be paid a reasonable fee based on the time and effort required for the installations. Any day of the week works fine. The catch is that the office is in Berkeley and the network is not really portable. I commute from Berkeley to Davis and the drive is not that bad; also, I am happy to pick someone up at the train station. Interested parties should email <sjcranmer@ucdavis.edu> for more details. For those who are interested, I have outlined the network below.

Thank you very much,

Skyler J. Cranmer

NETWORK SUMMARY
- 4 Machines (3 desktops and 1 laptop, the laptop runs FC3 but needs an upgrade)
- 2 printers
- 1 scanner
- I don't have a strong preference on the Linux distribution installed; I run Fedora now and like it, but am open to exploring other distributions.

What are the models of the printers and scanner?

-Mark