2006 Jan 13 10:08

[vox] Information

Information

LPI Exam Labs at ''daratechPLANT'' January 23-25, 2006

The Linux Professional Institute (LPI) will be hosting a discounted exam
lab at the upcoming ''daratechPLANT'' conference January 23-25, 2006 in
Houston, Texas (http://www.daratech.com/plant2006).

The ''daratechPLANT'' conference is the premier industry meeting place
for senior business development executives in engineering, operations
and information technology who are involved in asset creation, lifecycle
management, instrumentation, real-time operations and plant maintenance,
creation, planning and construction. The Linux Professional Institute
will also be hosting a booth at the conference to promote the value of
Linux certified professionals in demanding and innovative IT work
environments.

LPI will offer both the 101 and 102 exams of the LPIC-1 certification at
a discounted price of $90 per exam to conference attendees. The exam
labs will be held Tuesday, January 24 and Wednesday, January 25 at 11:45
a.m. and 1:45 p.m. in Room Salon 12 of the Wyndham Greenspoint Hotel,
12400 Greenspoint Drive, Houston, Texas. Candidates must pre-register on
the LPI website at https://www.lpi.org/en/register.html to receive a LPI
identification number and must bring valid photo identification and
their LPI ID number to the exam event.

Glenn McKnight, LPI Director of Operations, who is attending the event
on behalf of LPI stated that this conference was an important initiative
for LPI: ''This represents the first time we have attended this event
and it is a very important industry vertical for LPI to have greater
recognition in. Many of the attending companies are amongst the largest
manufacturers in the world. We are also proud to say that we will be
''waving the flag'' of Linux at this conference representing the
importance of open source technology in innovation and business
development.'' Those seeking more information on the exam labs at the
conference are invited to contact Glenn McKnight at glenn_at_lpi.org.

For more information on the daratechPLANT conference 2006 in Houston,
Texas please vist: http://www.daratech.com/plant2006/.