Re: [vox] [OT] Free iMac, with Debian. Who wants it!?

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:04:51AM -0800, Don Werve wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > I've got an Apple iMac[*] that I'm getting rid of.  It does not come with a
> > power cable, keyboard or mouse, but has USB for the latter, as well
> > as a built-in ethernet port.  (It MAY have built-in Airport; dunno.)
>
> Well, if it hasn't been claimed,

Claimed, sorry! :^)  (Within a few minutes, even, I think! :^) )

> I'm interested, as I've been trying to
> find a cheap used Mac for my mother to use. :)  That, and I've got a
> keyboard, power cord, and mouse for the thing, as well as an OS X 10.4.2
> DVD -- does this system have a DVD drive?

I honestly forget if it was a DVD drive or just CD... or CD writer.
I also don't recall how much RAM it has, or how fast it is.  I _kinda_
doubt such an old beast could run 10.4.2 easily.  But then, I know nearly
nil about Mac OS X.  (All I know is it was running 10.3.7... and that
the latest Tux Paint CANNOT run on 10.2.8, which was a mistake!  D'oh!)