Re: [vox] apt-get via torrent?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 06:22:28PM -0600, Ken Bloom wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Surely there's no need for
> bittorrent within the lab -- apt-proxy should work fine if the goal is
> to keep all of your useful packages locally so you don't need to tie
> up your outgoing internet connection with 12 upgrades.

Sameer asked this on SVLUG's list, too (didn't notice he asked here at LUGOD).

Over there, I also suggested apt-proxy.
To others, see:  http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/  for details.

<snip>
> Take a look at apt-torrent (http://sianka.free.fr/).

Ooh, neato!

(Note: This is one of those project websites which barely explain what
the purpose of the software is.  The front page is just all news, and no
"About" :^/  Example: Someone on the Gimp User Group had never heard of
Scribus before, and had no idea what it was for.  I mentioned this lack of
descriptive text to their webmaster... sounded like he was gonna fix it,
but he apparently hasn't yet. :^( )

(Note 2: The apt-torrent "Documentation" page does explain it a little,
thankfully. :^) )