2005 Nov 23 13:53

Re: [vox] Linux-compatible MP3 player recommendations wanted!

Re: [vox] Linux-compatible MP3 player recommendations wanted!

This thread is pretty old, but since I _just_ (as in yesterday) got my
shiny new mp3 player, and thought someone would want to know about it.

The player: Lexar LDP-200 (I bought mine w/ no SD card from amazon for
$40)

Features:
1. Uses SD media cards
2. USB 2.0 for transfer

It works perfectly with linux, it simply appears as a mass storage
device.  I had to format the SD card as fat32, since that is what the
player supports, but it mounts fine under linux.

And here is my pitch for 'abcde' to encode my cd's to mp3's.  abcde is
just "A Better CD Encoder", and can do ogg/wma/whatever codecs you have
libs for.  It's a nice, quick, and easy way to make lots and lots of
mp3's for my player (with all the tags correctly set from CDDB).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  I love this player, and
would suggest it to anyone who needs a simple music player.  The player
is simple, nothing flashy, but what it lacks in features, it makes up
for in functionality.  And you can't beat the price.

Here is the review that clued me in:

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Hardware05/Lexar-LDP200-Music-Player_Story01.html

--cheers

jan

--- Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
> Has anyone out here got recommendations for such a beast?
>
> Thx!
>
> --
> -bill!

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
    Martin Luther King Jr., Accepting Nobel Peace Prize, Dec. 10, 1964