2005 Nov 22 17:16

Re: [vox] A Criticism of Debian Testing

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:01:37AM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> Digikam, and I believe K3b also, are available for both the stable and
> unstable versions, but not testing.  I assume that these programs will move
> from unstable to testing, but it is irritating to say the least to see these
> programs simply disappear from one's computer.

There's a Big KDE Change in Debian, lately.  I had been pulling KDE 3.4.1
from the Testing packages maintained at alioth.debian.org.  Well, I guess
a newer 3.4.x is going to be in Testing soon, and made the mistake of
_agreeing_ to a number of upgrades that warned me things would get removed.

So, things are working well now, but I've lost, e.g., amaroK.  D'oh!

I think the thing folks like you and I need to do are be patient and NOT
run upgrades when it's obvious a number of packages will be removed. :^)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/