2005 Nov 20 17:47

[vox] Let's have a key signing party this Monday!

[vox] Let's have a key signing party this Monday!

Hey folks, I need some trustworthy folk to sign my GPG key so I can work
my way into the Debian and Ubuntu webs of trust in order to properly
upload packages.

So, let's sign some keys this Monday.  Heck, we can even have a party!
There's a howto for it here:
http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html

I think the best way to do this is to select a hapless coordinator, who
comes with a printed list of all the keyids and fingerprints using the
handy pearl script there, which we then take a copy of so we can sign
keys in bulk.

So, here is my keyid: 387EE263
My fingerprint is: 0CDE E38B C356 1EF8 BD46 82BE 5840 3026 387E E263
Name is: Scott Ritchie
Email is: scott@open-vote.org

Now, if I am understanding this right, I go to the meeting with the key
and fingerprint, and you verify that it matches and I am me, and then
you go home and download my key off of a keyserver, verify that it's
fingerprint is the same, sign it and then upload it or send it to me
(and then I upload it).

So, who else is in?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie