2005 Sep 28 10:41

Re: [vox] Would LUGOD like to participate in SuperUser Meetingin MtnView, Nov. 12?

At 04:39 PM 9/27/05 -0700, you wrote:

>BayLISA and Usenix are stirring things up by putting together a
>'SuperUser Group Meeting' this November.  They're inviting various UGs in
>the area to participate.
>
>BaySUG '05 will include talks, networking opportunities, and a tour of the
>Computer History Museum in Mountain View.

     I will not attend, but IMHO the museum tour makes the event worth your
while.  Among other old iron like a Cray XMP, you get to see the connection
machine CM-2, a 1980s supercomputer that had 65,536 parallel CPUs networked
in a hypercube topology.  Imagine a black 5-foot cube built of 8 subcubes
and studded with 65,536 red LEDs!

     Edwin