2005 Sep 02 23:40

[vox] [Fwd: Update - Hurricane Refugee Aid]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Update - Hurricane Refugee Aid
Date: 2 Sep 2005 02:48:16 -0000
From: CoffeeCup Team <aid@coffeecup.com>
To: bheitman@inreach.com

Hi there,

Just a quick update about our last e-mail to help the refugees of Hurricane Katrina (further updates will be on our site).

We have been contacted by hundreds of people that are sending lots of items for distribution. A BIG THANK YOU to those that have already taken action.

If you did not receive the email, we posted it here:

http://www.coffeecup.com/hurricane/

We have also been contacted by a few churches that are housing people right now and also by the Corpus Christi Housing Authority which will be making Apartments available next week. The items you send us will be going to these and other efforts in the Houston, San Antonio and Corpus Christi areas. We will assess those that ask for help on a case by case basis and will make sure that what you send goes directly to those that need it most.

San Antonio to house 25,000 more Refugees:

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1083666&tw=wn_wire_story

Refugees Arriving in Houston Area and the Astrodome:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9160993/

People will be spread around the Texas gulf coast in many different venues. The estimates are that nearly 100,000 people will arrive in Texas in the next week with many others following shortly afterwards.

Please continue to send 'Comfort Goods' as described here: http://www.coffeecup.com/hurricane/

Thank you for your support,

Nick Longo
CEO CoffeeCup Software
www.coffeecup.com

All requests are honored but may take up to 72 hours to
process. To learn more about how we received your email
address, please contact: abuse@coffeecup.com

CoffeeCup Software, Inc.
226 South Tancahua Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78401 USA