2005 Sep 01 20:28

[vox] Re: Wildfire Idea to Help Katrina Victims

[vox] Re: Wildfire Idea to Help Katrina Victims

Hello, you three, more. im a new lugod member but i have seen most of
your conversations and i have a dell optiplex gx1 with p2 400mhz that
i would be willing to donate,however im not sure how i would get it
down there. only other problem is my friend (on accident) took all my
ram for it to china so i wont be getting that back any time soon. i
would need a bit of ram for it but it would be perfect. i also have a
fair collection of old working hard drives, sizes 200mb - 4.5 gb.
also,willing to donate.

thanks for the input or help! (I/A)

jacob

On 9/1/05, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 12:54:49PM -0700, Steve Hargadon wrote:
> > Bill:
> >
> > How hard is it to get an .iso file put up on some kind of mirrored
> > sites?  Can you point me toward some resource in this area.  I'm
> > afraid if we post the kiosk .iso we'll be unprepared for the
> > onslaught.
>
> Slashdot would probably be a good place to put something.  Of course,
> you'd need to get a project set up, which might take a few days.
> It might be worth talking to the admins directly, to expedite.
>
> Gotta run,
> -bill!

-Orange