2005 Aug 30 08:49

Re: [vox] Re: Laptop recommendations -- my final decision

Re: [vox] Re: Laptop recommendations -- my final decision

Ken Bloom wrote:
powernowd - good tip. thanks.

do I need to worry about this thing overheating? it seems that the
trackpad gets really hot.
I haven't had any problems, but if you run into issues with the XFree/X.org Synaptics driver, just treat the trackpad like a normal PS/2 mouse -- you lose scrolling and a lot of other bits of the tunability, but on the flip side, your tap-to-click isn't forced to be a middle-click (rather irritating, and yes, this happened no matter what I told the driver about the button configuration).

--
Don Werve (Unix Sys Admin) | Email: donw AT agentsix DOT net

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action
has magic, grace and power in it." -- Goethe