2005 Aug 20 21:15

Re: [vox] [OT] WinXP applications spamming me

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 01:49:49PM -0700, Dmitriy wrote:

> You installed crappy software that tries to get more money from you.

Heh, the only stuff I've installed on this box has been OSS stuff
(Gimp, Moz, Cygwin, etc.)

> FIX: Dont install crappy software.

Yep.  If I had my own shiny new WinXP box to work on, freshly installed,
I'd probably start UNINSTALLING things, first...

> [snip]
> >File this under:  "Reasons I like Linux."
>
> I dont see why McAffee couldnt do this under linux if they so wished.

But you don't need their software under Linux.  :^)
(Nor do you need Acrobat.  I've found KPDF way more usable, in fact.)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/