2005 Aug 21 09:56

[vox] Re: [OT] WinXP applications spamming me

[vox] Re: [OT] WinXP applications spamming me

I hear you. I got the free firewall, anti spyware, antivirus, anti
whatever trials with my new home PC. I didn't buy any of them, and they
have now all expired. I get warnings and popups all the time now saying
I have to buy the full version of whatever to protect me from some evil
virus that's taking over the world. The other day, one even said I am
infected witih something and they'll get it off if I buy the full
version. I'm pretty sure it was an applet in a web page. If only I
wasn't too lazy to go uninstall it all.