2005 Aug 11 11:46

Re: [vox] [fwd] dual booting problem finally solved!

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 10:52:45AM -0400, David Hummel wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:56:34PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> >
> > > It is now possible and practical to create a filesystem that is
> > > readable AND WRITABLE by linux and windows.
> > >
> > > http://www.fs-driver.org/
> > >
> > > Dual booters rejoice!
> >
> > Oh HELL yes!
>
> I'm a bit apprehensive.  I wouldn't want the latest Windows malware or
> virus hosing my Linux partition.  But I'm sure this will be helpful for
> people who unfortunately still have to dual boot.

Well, since I use MSIE only when I have no option (which is seldom),
never check my mail from a Windows client, don't download Warez or
pretty much anything from untrustworthy sites... I'm not too concerned.
And the WinXP firewalling is actually pretty decent, so that helps, too.

I have Cygwin installed on my Windows side, and I can't tell you how
many times I wished I could pull up a C source file or something I was
working on in Linux, without having to reboot: or possibly there was a
reason why I really needed to be in Windows for the time being, too.
(I do need Windows to check MSIE compliance of the group website I'm
developing, sad as that is).

-Micah