2005 Jul 22 18:44

Re: [vox] Help disassembling a laptop?

I've removed all of the
components -- the battery, the CD/DVD player, the hard drive, etc. -- and
taken out all of the visible screws, but I still can't get into it.  I assume
I need some sort of special tool, or there is some special secret maneuver
that I need.
Hi,

Don't know the Viao but on others, screws are found under labels (run a pen lightly over the label surface to detect recessed screw holes), rubber feet, snap on caps, under batteries, etc. Sometimes a piece of hardware like a motor or a bracket has mounting screws that also hold the case together. Occasionally, after removing all the screws, there are plastic tabs that clip the case together and need to be gently pried to open the case. If there are one or two screws left, I pry the case apart a little bit to see where it separates and where it is still fixed to see where screws might be left. Try to use the right tools, a light touch and go slow.

Good luck!