2005 Jul 18 12:06

DELIVERY FAILURE: Error transferring to SACMAIL03/SVR/CALTRANS/CAGOVmail.box; Server error: I/O data error

DELIVERY FAILURE: Error transferring to SACMAIL03/SVR/CALTRANS/CAGOVmail.box; Server error: I/O data error

Your message

  Subject: Re: [vox] Help disassembling a laptop?

was not delivered to:

  robert.white@dot.ca.gov

because:

  Error transferring to SACMAIL03/SVR/CALTRANS/CAGOV mail.box; Server error: I/O data error

Reporting-MTA: dns;t4mx002.dot.ca.gov

Final-Recipient: rfc822;robert.white@dot.ca.gov
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: x-Notes;CN=SACMAIL03/OU=SVR/OU=CALTRANS/O=CAGOV
Diagnostic-Code: X-Notes; Error transferring to SACMAIL03/SVR/CALTRANS/
 CAGOV mail.box; Server error: I/O data error

--- Begin Message ---
on Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 03:35:00PM -0700, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> on Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 11:34:50AM -0700, Richard Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com) wrote:
> > I've got an old Sony Vaio laptop which has a problem with
> > overheating.  It's out of warranty and has been replaced now by a
> > much snazzier laptop, and I'd like to put Ubuntu on this machine and
> > turn it into a media center; however, with the overheating, it shuts
> > itself off after a few hours, and the fan is very loud.

[Model is PCG-GRV670P]

... Searching model + 'site:sony.com' brings you to Sony's support page:

    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=24&NAVDISP=pc

...there's a link for manuals, after plugging in the model, though this
seems to be a no-op.

I'll repeat my earlier comment:  based on this experience, I'd avoid
Sony products.

Peace.

    The black hat community is drooling over the possibility of a secure
    execution environment that would allow applications to run in a
    secure area which cannot be attached to via debuggers.
    - Jason Spence, on Palladium aka NGCSB aka "Trusted Computing"