2005 Jul 22 17:38

Fwd: Re: [vox] Help disassembling a laptop?

Mike posted from an address that isn't subscribed to vox, so I'm passing
this along for him.  (Mike, please post from a sub'd addr!)

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:42:26 -0700
From: Mike Neal <mike@hotsushi.com>
Subject: Re: [vox] Help disassembling a laptop?

>I've removed all of the
>components -- the battery, the CD/DVD player, the hard drive, etc. -- and
>taken out all of the visible screws, but I still can't get into it.  I
>assume
>I need some sort of special tool, or there is some special secret maneuver
>that I need.

Don't know the Viao but on others, screws are found under labels (run a pen
over the label surface to detect indentations), rubber feet, snap on caps,
under batteries, etc. Sometimes, after removing all the screws, there are
plastic tabs that clip the cover (bottom) in place and need to be gently
pried to open the case. If there are one or two screws left, I pry the case
apart a little bit to see where it separates and where it is still fixed to
see where screws might be left. Good luck!

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th