2005 Jun 30 23:13

Re: [fwd] Re: [vox] Re: Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

Re: [fwd] Re: [vox] Re: Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Bill Kendrick wrote:

*cough* Sonic.net. *cough*  Aren't they up in your parts? :)

I've been considering Sonic.net for DSL when I move. I take it you'd recommend them then? I like their user agreement and availability of static IPs and domain hosting. I'm currently at Greystone and took full advantage of the old free DNS/email support for a domain name and web server space. Seems they're going to charge future residents for that now though, but doesn't matter much as I'm finishing up my dissertation (hopefully) and moving at the end of the lease term. Sonic and Speakeasy are the only two broadband companies that seem to offer home users an agreement that specifically allows servers from what I've found during preliminary searches. Only fun part is finding out prior to moving which complex of the half dozen I'm considering is best suited for DSL since I obviously haven't chosen one and don't have a phone number to enter into their sites.

Melissa