2005 Jun 24 11:35

[vox] [fwd] More Tickets Released for OpenPower Project Launch Event

IBM's 'OpenPower Project' is "a great opportunity to pioneer an online
Linux initiative, dedicated to testing the latest Power Architecture
technology that's intended to advance Linux on Power."

They're holding a kick-off event in NY and SF next week.

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Simon Hymas <Simon.Hymas@ogilvy.com> -----

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:14:36 -0400
From: Simon Hymas <Simon.Hymas@ogilvy.com>
Subject: More Tickets Released for OpenPower Project Launch Event

We have been so overwhelmed with the response to the OpenPower Project beta
site launch, we have released more tickets to our private premiere
screening of War of the Worlds in San Francisco on June 29.  It???s a chance
to meet some of the other people working on the project, talk Linux, see
the Linux-based special effects, eat some popcorn and watch a movie, free.
The first 280 people who register on the site will get a pair of tickets.

The OpenPower Project provides Linux users with remote, non-root access via
SSH to the latest POWER5-based OpenPower servers. Before we open it to all,
we???re inviting a few select Linux users to register for the Beta version -
and that???s where you come in. As a leader in the world of Linux users, you
know the people who could make the best use of this access.  We???d
appreciate it if you???d pass this information on to them, and make use of
the project???s resources yourself. You can compile, run and test all your
Linux applications on IBM OpenPower servers in several configurations,
right now.

We hope the new web site is of interest to you and your members, the site
can be accessed at www.openpowerproject.org

We hope to see you and your members at the kick off event on June 29.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like further information.

Simon Hymas
Tel: +1-212-237 4796
E-mail: simon.hymas@ogilvy.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
-bill!                         Linux vs Windows studies can be divided into:
bill@newbreedsoftware.com        1. Studies paid for by Microsoft