2005 Jun 20 10:31

[vox] [Semi-OT] Virtual desktops on Windows

[vox] [Semi-OT] Virtual desktops on Windows

I miss virtual desktops when I'm stuck on Windows XP at work.
Microsoft has a 'PowerToy' that provides virtual desktop functionality,
but it's so unusable and poorly designed as to be useless.  (I literally
tried it for a day and got fed up.)

Recently, someone pointed out a GPL tool that works to provide such
functionality, and (1) it has an impressive amount of configurability
(as well as 'modules' to add things like a WindowMaker-style paperclip,
the ability to move windows between desktops using the keyboard, etc.)
and (2) it actually seems to WORK RIGHT. :^)

  http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/

For those of you stuck on XP and missing {insert your favorit WM here},
this might help some. :^)

Enjoy!

--
-bill!                         Linux vs Windows studies can be divided into:
bill@newbreedsoftware.com        1. Studies paid for by Microsoft