January 6: Social gathering
2005 Jun 11 09:17

Re: [vox] [fwd] Software Freedom Day 2005 [Sept 10th;should we demo?]

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 09:56:55AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> You may celebrate the day locally however you would like, but we
> encourage you to engage in some sort of outreach activity to spread
> the FOSS message in your community. For example, you could organise a
> seminar or an installfest or simply invite people to meet up in the
> park for a picnic.

Maybe we could do an Installfest that day (10-6) as well as a demo (2-6 or
12-4 or something)?

<snip>
> Writing: We would appreciate well-written articles about SFD or about
> FOSS in general that can be submitted to local media or distributed on
> the day. Form letters that can be sent to schools, businesses
> government organisation, etc. will also be useful.

Anyone around here feel like helping out SFD with this?

> Material Design: We have some artwork already, but we need designs for
> the SFD 2005 CD labels and covers, as well as T-shirts, balloons,
> stickers, or even temporary tattoos!  If you or your friends have some
> artistic inclinations feel free to pop into the SFD Forums to share
> your ideas and your work.

Ditto :)

<snip>
> Please stop by our forum or join #sfd on freenode IRC. We have set up
> a temporary mailing list here[2] where people can hook up, but we will
> provide more regional lists as the needs arise.

For those unfamiliar with IRC, we have a page on the LUGOD site that
explains how to get on our #lugod channel, which is also on Freenode.

  http://www.lugod.org/irc/

(Hrm, I should add some info on using Konversation, Kopete, and maybe Ksirc,
to that page, too.)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://newbreedsoftware.com/