2005 Jun 02 09:39

Re: [vox] LUGOD's meeting schedule

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:53:18AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> I very rarely get to go to meetings myself, and I don't get to participate in
> LUGOD activities nearly as often as I'd like to (as in, at all).  The third
> Monday of the month conflicts directly with another standing obligation I
> have, and I just seem to always be busy on the other meeting night.

Yeah, I have similar conflicts. D&D Tuesday nights, and the talks I'm
interested in always seem to fall on that night.

> I wonder why the numbers have gone down?  Has summer vacation hit early?

Classes end June 8th, and finals end June 16th. People tend to take
off early if they possibly can. It could even just be students studying
for tests, not able to make it.

Bill was practically fanatical about posting flyers though, and with him
out in Mountain View, it wouldn't surprise me if less flyer pushing has
resulted in some drop of students by now. I don't know who is handling
that now.

-Marianne