2005 May 31 23:48

Re: [vox] Buying MP3s online

Ken Bloom wrote:

Anyone know ways to buy music online if you're using Linux?

I've come across 2 possibilities.

The first is pymusique which can access the iTunes store from Linux,
but I haven't gotten it to work yet. When I try to register, I get an
error message telling me to try again later.

The second is http://www.allofmp3.com/ which seems to have a very good
selection and seems to be very sane, letting you preview music and
browse their catalog without having to register on the site.

Any others?

--Ken Bloom

Codeweavers claims that their version of Wine supports iTunes. Every other one of their gold-rated package (and some of the silvers) that I've tried has worked decently enough. I guess that they'll have crowbarred iTunes into behaving properly.

... which (since I think they merge their changes back to Wine, except for the installers) that means that Wine supports iTunes as well ... of course it's up to you and the Howtos to figure out how to configure things so that it works properly.