2005 May 12 22:04

Re: [vox] News: Linspire and Micro Center Announce Expanded DesktopLinux Offerings In Response to Customer Demand

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 05:45:03PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Last I checked, Linspire still runs as root, so I don't think that
> Linspire is the better way.

I had heard they finally stopped doing that.  But, my memory can be quite
faulty, and I've never used Lindows or Linspire, so... definitely could be
mistaken.

> Why don't they preinstall Mandrake?

*shrug*  Because the Linspire folks made a deal with them first???